Friday, December 18, 2015

Coloring book review: Every Little Thing: A Flat Vernacular Coloring Book


I have enjoyed coloring, and coloring books, for as long as I can remember and I am thrilled with the "new" fad of adult coloring books that are on the market.

This book, Every Little Thing, is a compilation of coloring pages with a wide variety of themes. Every page was hand-drawn and, as is stated on the back cover, it reminds me of a kaleidoscope. Each page brings a grin as the anticipation of beginning the coloring process overcomes the artist inside.  

The artist is Payton Cosell Turner is a part of Flat Vernacular, a Brooklyn-based wallpaper studio. 

The book has a removable dust cover which is too shiny to color but the inner cover is just right. I do wish that the pages could be torn out of the book easier as I have discovered that there are times when it is difficult to color in this type of book format. Plus there are times when I like to display my artwork. There are five sections of the book, which makes it easier to separate the sets, but then there is the risk of wrinkles and creases. 

I love this book and look forward to more of this kind in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment