Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Book Review: The Lost Garden

I admit, there were things about this book that made me choose to read it. First, the title reminded me of The Secret Garden, second the setting in England and finally, the time post WWII and today. I know I could have set myself up for disappointment, but this book filled me with satisfaction.

This book, The Lost Garden, in 1919 show us Eleanor Sanderson who has lost her brother. To help her through this time, her father hires a gardener to bring the garden to its previous glory. Eleanor gets to like Jack, the gardener. The garden is the central theme throughout this story line. 

Then in the current time, a big sister, Marin has guardianship of her younger half-sister, Rebecca. They move to the house that the Sandersons lived in. The goal is to overcome the sudden death of their parents. Rebecca becomes interested in the garden, so Marin hires someone to help them bring the garden back to life. They find out the history of the garden and the story becomes woven around the garden. 

I think you can tell that I fell in love with this book. The characters are so believable, the story is a steady, easy read, or at least it was for me. 

I was given this book by NetGalley and Lion Hudson Fiction in review for my honest review and I want to express my thanks to them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment