Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Nurses of Lark Lane by Pam Howes

The Nurses of Lark Lane: A heartbreaking Liverpool saga by [Howes, Pam]I was given this book by Bookouture and NetGalley. The review and opinions are my honest words.
This book is part of a series by Pam Howes. I had not read the previous ones but I still enjoyed this book.
This book is set in 1955 in Liverpool, England. Alice has an abusive alcoholic for a husband who uses all of her wages to drink. Cathy is her eldest daughter. Cathy's desire is to be a nurse but the family budget does not allow it. She leaves school to find and work at a job, without qualification.
The characters in this book are very interesting and easy to relate with. Cathy is created with amazing determination and inner strength.
The time period was reflected well throughout the story, also as well as friendships which are built.
I feel that this book is a book that can draw the reader in easily. I didn't want to put it down, once I began it. It definitely left me wanting to know more about the other ladies.
I recommend this book highly.




No comments:

Post a Comment