Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Book Review: While You Were Mine

While You Were Mine by [Creel, Ann Howard]I was given this book by NetGalley with the understanding that I will give an honest review.
This book drew me in by being set after WWII, plus the fact that it is historical fiction.
Gwen Mullen, a nurse who left her family in Colorado, moved to New York City to find other women who are taking care of wounded soldiers, like herself. She finders herself caring for a friend's baby, giving it love and care like a mother. When the child's father returns from the war, she feels torn apart. She and the father, John McKee, begin to spend time together to the child can be comfortable with him. As she spends more time, Gwen finds herself falling for John, knowing that he could take what has become her world away.
This was a endearing book, which made it difficult to put down once I began reading it. I like being reminded of what it was like when I first fell in love. Even though it is listed as historical fiction, I don't believe that is the correct heading. Historical romance would be a better fit. It was a fun book to read which is nice when facing stressful to not-so-pleasant days. If the reader is looking for a light-read, then I would recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment