Monday, May 1, 2017

Book Review: Monstrous Little Voices

When I see the name Shakespeare in the title of a book, I must say my heart skips a beat and a smile appears on my face.

This book takes place in 1601 and begins with the Tuscan War. Being Shakespeare, there is some witches, antics, romance and war. The fairy courts are close to mass confusion.

There are five stories in here which join at the end of the war. It might be a bit confusing if the reader is expecting the work to be in his hand, instead they are the stories of his which were not told.  Jonathan Barnes, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Emma Newman, Foz Meadows and Kate Heartfield work together this story of bravery, change and magic.

I loved the way these writers were able to stay true to the great poet and create a work that would make the Bard thrilled. I loved it.

I would like to thank NetGalley for giving me this book in exchange for my review.







No comments:

Post a Comment