Friday, May 24, 2019

Becoming us

Becoming Us by Robin Jones Gunn is the first in the Haven Makers Series. It follows a small group of 5 women who join in a friendship, some willingly and some with trepidation. I loved the group, however, I felt the worry of one member, Emily. Her small family's future is uncertain, so she feels uncertainty in joining a group of women, who in other circumstances, would fill a void she feels in her life.
This book takes us through challenges that many can relate with. I felt that the characters were created with thoughtfulness and love. This helps to make each one someone that I was eager to get to know. I look forward to reading other books in this series and I highly recommend it.
I was given this book by the publisher but the review is all my own and my honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment