Monday, March 16, 2015

Book Review: Travels with Gannon and Wyatt: Ireland

Written by Patti Wheeler and Keith Hemsfreet, this installment of the adventures of these two brothers have them traveling through Ireland. While here they see many of the historic sights such as castles, the Cliffs of Moher and the Blarney Stone. Soon they find that the farmland in Ireland is beset upon by a blight. While looking for the cause they find themselves running in fear of their lives.

This is such a good book for the young adult reader. The pace and the adventures throughout the book keeps the reader involved, while they are learning about the history of Ireland.

As a huge fan of Irish history this book immediately appealed to me and I can see how I would recommend it to my nieces, nephews and the students that I used to teach. I highly recommend this book and am glad that NetGalley had it available for me to review. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment