Monday, April 15, 2019

Book Review: Fish Sandwiches: The Delight of Receiving God's Promises

Fish Sandwiches: The Delight of Receiving God̢۪s Promises by [Schmidt, Troy]I was given this book by the publisher. The following review is my honest opinion.
One of the first stories I learned in Sunday School was the Feeding of the Five Thousand. I loved how it showed how God cares about all of his people. This miracle can be found in all for Gospels.
I don't know how many times I have turned to this miracle when I was feeling unsure if God was loving me at that moment. It has always had a place in my heart.
This book, Fish Sandwiches: The Delight of Receiving god's Promises by Troy Schmidt, examines this miracle about feeding his followers from a boy's five loaves and two fish from different angles. It draws the reader's attention to how this miracle shows God's heart and how he will provide, not just physical needs but spiritual needs also. I was able to read this book quickly while taking in the different aspects. I also liked how at the end he includes a version of the Feeding of the Five Thousand, The Feeding of the Four Thousand and a list of God's promises for us.
I highly recommend this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment