Monday, January 21, 2019

Book Review: Trespassing Across America

Trespassing Across America: One Man's Epic, Never-Done-Before (and Sort of Illegal) Hike Across the Heartland by [Ilgunas, Ken]This is a beautiful book. I had not read anything by this author before so I was tentative about reading it. However, Ilgunas was able to write about each of our states and why many people have hope for the pipeline. He writes about the splendor of the Great Plains and more. He talks about the wide open spaces and how it feels to touch the grass. He raises questions as to what will happen if we become so dependent on oil and don't learn to be more sustainable.
The author was anti-pipeline but he did not raise a stink about it with others, which I was able to relate to very much. I may argue with my husband but with others I tend to stay quiet and let them talk and then I vent later.
I loved this book and I recommend it to all who like this country's beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment