Friday, September 7, 2018

Book Review: The Crescent Stone

The Crescent Stone (The Sunlit Lands Book 1) by [Mikalatos, Matt]The first three lines on the back cover were enough to bring me into this novel.
"A girl with a deadly lung disease...
A boy with a tragic past...
A land where the sun never sets but darkness still creeps in..."
This setup was ideal. The Crescent Stone is a fantasy novel by Matt Mikalatos. Madeline Oliver is the girl with the deadly lung disease. Jason Wu is filled with guilt that leaves him deciding to always tell the truth. They both end up in the land. A place they don't know anything about except each decision will touch others more than they could have anticipated.
This story is imaginative, deep, filled with humor and fantasy. It left me pondering things after I had finished it. Having never read a book by this author before, I look forward to more of his works in my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment