Thursday, May 21, 2015

Book Review: The Canterbury Sisters

I started reading The Canterbury Sisters because the title and location of the story intrigued me. I enjoy Chaucer and this is a salute to his book The Canterbury Tales. Eight women met for the first time on a pilgrimage to Canterbury Cathedral. On the way they must each tell a story of love, much as Chaucer had occur in his book. The one that the group votes as most worthy will be rewarded by a feast at the end of the trail.

Along the way, the reader is introduced to each lady and, by the end of their tale, discovers the reason for each on to be heading to Canterbury. There are many versions of love as these women discover. The reader will be pulled into this book with the first words and will have their hearts lifted and broken as we hear tales of love.

Kim Wright wrote such a wonderful tale and I look forward to reading more of her works. Thank you so much.

I was given this book for my honest review by NetGalley and I most gladly gave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment