Monday, April 8, 2019

Murder in a Country Garden

Murder in a Country Garden: A completely addictive English cozy murder mystery (A Melissa Craig Mystery Book 12) by [Rowlands, Betty]
I was given this book by NetGalley. This book review is my opinion and is not influenced by the publisher, author or NetGalley.
Even though this is part of the series, I had not read any of the others in The Melissa Craig books. I didn't feel like it mattered that there were 11 books before this, I was able to connect with the characters and the story quite easily. The author, Betty Rowlands, has a gift with words. She is able to build well-rounded characters. She also was able to develop details with descriptions so I was able to see the story in my mind as I went along.
Moving into their new home, Melissa Craig and her husband have begun to settle, until Melissa discovers that her neighbor, who raises bees, was stung to death. When a second member of the household died in the same manner, Melissa feels she needs to investigate as to why the bees seem to swarm to specific persons. Is there foul play or is it nature doing what it does.
The story will pull you in until you have answers.
I recommend this book to those who like mysteries.


No comments:

Post a Comment